Best answer

Facebook Conversion error: Event Timestamp Too Old, the timestamp for this event is too far in the past.

Badge

Event Timestamp Too Old: The timestamp for this event is too far in the past. Events need to be sent from your server within 7 days of when they occurred. Enter a timestamp that has occurred within the last 7 days.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 April 2023, 16:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

23 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MyraD 

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Just to ensure I understand , could you elaborate more on the issue? Would you be able to outline it step-by-step?

Are you, by chance, getting an error when testing out a Zap? Could you kindly send screenshots of the error? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Badge

HI Charie,

Thanks for the response. I signed up through my Clickfunnels and I get an email with that error message. I found this message but it does not tell be how to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @MyraD,

Thanks for those additional information.

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the error in your Zap History? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Badge

I deleted the messages in Zapier, there were so many. I am trying to duplicate it by signing up for my funnel again.  Here is one of the emails I received.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MyraD 

Good question.

Please reference this related topic:

Badge

Here is where it shows stopped. Hope this helps. I am on the free plan until I get everything working correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MyraD 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot which timestamp value is being used: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Badge

It shows 1/27/23, even on the one I signed up for today. How do I get it to update to the correct date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MyraD 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your FB Conversions Zap step is configured, thanks.

Badge

Is this what you need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MyraD 

Looks like you have mapped Event Time = Contact Profile Created At

You probably want to use a different timestamp that is representative of the ClickFunnels event you are trying to use to trigger the Zap.

Perhaps you can explain to us what you are trying to configure with the Zap steps at a high level.

Badge

How do I use a different time stamp? I cannot find where to change it.

I am trying to connect Facebook and Clickfunnels to get lead conversions data. This is all new to me, and thought it was set up correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MyraD 

It’s unclear what Zap trigger step for ClickFunnels you are using from the screenshots.

Can you try stating your goal of the Zap like this:
When XXX happens in ClickFunnels, I want a Lead Event to happen in FB Conversions.
(What is XXX in ClickFunnels?)

How do I use a different time stamp? I cannot find where to change it.

The same way you originally mapped the current timestamp using the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

The Zap step error from FB is happening because you are using the Contact Profile Created At timestamp, which happens to be older than 7 days based on the TBD ClickFunnel Zap trigger event you are using.

You’ll likely need to use a different timestamp, something like Contact Profile UPDATED At.

You can also use dynamic timestamp: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

Badge

When a prospects adds their name and email to my lead it will process a Lead Event in FB. My ads are through FB.   

Thanks for the info on how to correct the date. I will follow through on that and get it updated. I really appreciate your help.

Myra

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @MyraD! Thanks for sharing those details - it helps us get a bigger picture of what you’re looking to achieve. 🙂

It sounds like you’re using the “New Contact Activity” trigger for ClickFunnels. If so you’re on the right path with swapping out the ClickFunnels timestamp! Specifically the “updated at” timestamp Troy’s referring to should be directly underneath the one currently being used in your zap:

Alternatively, as the link he provided mentions, you can type {{zap_meta_human_now}}in the event time field and that will generate a timestamp for when the zap runs. 

Keep us posted how this is going!

Badge

Thanks, Christina for your response. I have been working on it and think it is fixed. I did use the information Troy sent and the Tests all worked. I appreciate your response.

Myra

Badge

It populated the date field from when I first sign up for my product as a test and kept using that date. So that is where the error message generated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Amazing, thanks for letting us know! I’m glad to hear you were able to get it up and running. 🎉

Badge

OK, I am still getting an error message from the original signup I did to test Clickfunnels and Zapier. How do I delete that info? It is stopping current signups because of the date.  I deleted all contacts in Clickfunnels since I am not active advertising but test currently. I get multiple emails with the error message:

Should I just delete my Zapier and start again? Or delete the Clickfunnels and Facebook connections?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MyraD 

You may try to create a new Zap and see if that’ll work. Sometimes Zaps don’t really want to cooperate and will work after creating a new one.

Keep us posted if that fixes the issue. 😊

Badge

Hi Charie,

Thanks for the response. It did not work but is still pulling in my test name, email, etc. Therefore, it is adding today’s date which will cause the error in the future. I updated the field previously with {{zap_meta_human_now}}, saved and tested it. I seemed to work, then I got the same error message that the time was too old to run. 

How can I delete my test email? I have deleted all contacts from Clickfunnels. I am connecting Clickfunnels and Facebook. 

I do not want to delete my whole account if I do not have too. It would probably present the same error anyway.  What is next to fix the issue?

Badge

Another update:  I deleted and started again. I just did a test from my Clickfunnels Leads, it seems to be working now.

The date of the test lead is 4/08/2023 so I will test it again after 7 days to see if I get the error message again.

I had not corrected the date field in the Purchase Zap to {{zap_meta_human_now}}. I have corrected that now.

Hopefully, the updates will fix the time stamp error for good.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @MyraD 

Thank you for your effort in trying resolutions. I’m glad it’s working fine now.

Let us know if you have other questions! 😊