Best answer

Facebook Account Suspension due to Automated Posts from Shopify via Zapier?

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier community,

I recently encountered an issue and am curious if anyone else has had similar experiences. My Facebook account was suspended shortly after I set up a Zapier automation to automatically post on my Facebook page whenever I published a new blog post on Shopify.

Has anyone here faced similar challenges with Facebook and Zapier automations? If so, how did you handle the situation and do you have recommendations for implementing such automations in a way that aligns with Facebook's guidelines?

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Jörg

icon

Best answer by Joerg86 22 August 2023, 22:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joerg86 

Good question.

Can you provide more context from Facebook about reasons why the account was suspended? (screenshots)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a screenshot here for two main reasons:

1. The entire content from Facebook is in German, which might not be particularly helpful in this forum.
  2. The information provided is quite generic, stating that I can appeal the suspension and that the matter is under review. The only reason given was a violation of Facebook's guidelines.

I'm genuinely trying to understand if this is a common issue when using Zapier automations with Facebook and how best to navigate such situations in the future.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Best regards, Jörg

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I wanted to provide a quick update: My Facebook account was reactivated today. After I appealed the suspension, I was only asked to upload a selfie. After submitting this and upon Facebook's review, my account was suddenly reinstated. The entire process took about a day.

It's relieving to know the issue was resolved, even though the process was somewhat confusing. I'm sharing this information in hopes that it might assist someone else facing a similar situation. If you ever find yourself in such a predicament, simply file an appeal, wait patiently, and there's a good chance your account will be restored.

Thank you for your support and advice.

Best regards, Jörg

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I just came across this post and wanted to thank you @Joerg86 for circling back with an update on how you solved this. I couldn’t find similar reports of this happening to folks shortly after connecting their Facebook account so hopefully this was just a one-off. 

Really glad you were granted access your Facebook account again. If you do run into any further issues or questions please do reach back out to the Community, we’d love to help! 🤗