Question

Export PDF from Safety Culture

• 15 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with extracting PDF from safety culture audit to be emailed as an attachment but the zap doesn’t email with PDF attachments.

I believe I used all the right action items the order and with appropriate delays in between.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zarik 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have full context, thanks.

Hi Troy,

Here are the screen shots.

1. Start Inspection Report Export
  2. Get Exported Inspection Report
  3. Create Public Inspection Report Link

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zarik 

What about how Zap Step 7 is configured?

Hi Troy,

Step 7 looks like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zarik

Can you show an example where the link did not work?

For live Zaps, check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot:

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy,

The Zap works without any error reporting (see below), except that email (shown below) doesn't have attached PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zarik 

In your Zap step 7 that sends the email, there is no attachment configured.

Hi Troy,

While experimenting, I did add public link action to that field, but it gave me a file attachment that wasn’t a PDF. See below.

I then changed to exported PDF in that field, but it gave me a text file, see below.

I was under a assumption that I don’t need to enter anything in attachment field for step 7, as export PDF action should do the job.

Isn’t PDF extraction is handled by Start Inspection Report Export + Get Export Inspection Report?

Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zarik 

A field must have a value mapped for the field to do anything.

Wondering if this report link is not a direct download file link.

You may have to reach out to the SafetyCulture Support for guidance about their Zap app integration.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your help.

The public link is not a direct download link. It open browser from where you need to click download the PDF again.

Unfortunately  Start Inspection Report Export + Get Export Inspection Report doesn't seem to be doing anything. I recall it use to work fine couple of years ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zarik 

You may have to reach out to the SafetyCulture Support for guidance about their Zap app integration.