Question

Expired Connection Issue in Zapier

• 18 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am connecting Zapier to Salesforce, and after some time, it is disconnected again and again. I have connected the account multiple times but still, it is showing Expired Connection.
Please assist.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @meghasaraswat.com 

Good question.

Related Salesforce help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Connected app access limits to Salesforce

Salesforce allows a user to have 5 access tokens authorized to one Salesforce account to all third-party applications, including Zapier. After those 5 access tokens are generated, older tokens are automatically revoked without notification. This does not mean you're limited to only having five total Zaps using the Salesforce integration, just number of Connected App Access across all the third-party apps you use.

You can manage your connected apps access to directly in Salesforce and view your Zapier account connections which are called "Zapier CLI App".

Error: "This connection to Salesforce appears to no longer be working"

If you run into this error this means your Salesforce account has exceeded the 5 connection app access limit. To resolve this, follow these steps:

1. Review your connected apps in Salesforce to make sure you have a token that you can use with Zapier.
  2. Connect/reconnect your Salesforce account either within the Zap Editor or on your My Apps.

Custom domains

Unfortunately at this time Salesforce accounts using Custom Domains aren’t able to connect up to Zapier. We do support My Domains.

What Salesforce account types and editions are supported on Zapier?

We support Sales/Support Accounts and any edition (including Essentials). Unfortunately, we don’t support Marketing Cloud accounts.

if you do a cursory web search this is clearly not a salesforce only issue… I get the same with boostnote. would be good to get a proper answer from Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dromologue

Can you please link to the “cursory web search” results that you mentioned in order for us to have context?

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves.

Every Zap app integration is dependent upon the underlying app API/webhooks.