Best answer

Event Set not showing when using "Send Offline Event in Facebook Offline Conversions" zap

As the title says, my facebook event sets are not showing up within the zap. I have confirmed that it is the right account, and the right everything.

Photos:

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 March 2024, 11:32

View original

29 replies

Yes, the same problem dude, without any reason. 100% their fault! this needs a quick fix ASAP!

Same problem here - when are we getting this fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the Facebook Offline Conversations app. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

However, we do have a workaround regarding this issue. Could you please try to obtain the Event Set ID by going to the events manager and grabbing the ID under the event, here:

offline event set

Paste the ID as a custom value in the “Event Set” field.

Hopefully, this helps!

Same issue please fix. Thank you. We have alot of accounts that this is not working for. Thank you

How can you not have ETA for this? Facebook ads has millions of users

Experiencing the same problem. I have just signed up to preium just to track Facebook offline events and its not working.

Hi friends,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the Facebook Offline Conversations app. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

However, we do have a workaround regarding this issue. Could you please try to obtain the Event Set ID by going to the events manager and grabbing the ID under the event, here:

offline event set

Paste the ID as a custom value in the “Event Set” field.

Hopefully, this helps!

Did this work? Can you show the screenshots of where and how we are supposed to post the event ID in Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @TWA@Mosh22Heat and @Kaasida! 👋

I can confirm that you’ve all been added to the list of affected users. I’m sorry that we’re unable to provide an estimate on when the issue will be resolved by. We’ll definitely send an email notification to you all the moment a fix is in place, and we’ll be sure to share any updates we have in the thread here.

@Kaasida - For the workaround Ken mentioned, in the Event Set field you’d need to first select the Custom value option, and then type in the Event Set ID directly into that field:
82718f2dcd2b4a2f4406dfaabd4d952c.png

Hope that helps but if you run into any trouble with the above workaround please do let me know - happy to help further! 🙂

Also affected. Would like to be notified when this is resolved.

Also affected. Would like to be notified when this is resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dustedco and @Naor Mann,

I have added both of you as affected members to the open bug report. We will keep you updated through email regarding the status of the bug and let you know once it has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here… Is there any update?

I’m experiencing this also - could you add me to the list please? Getting offline conversions for Shopify sorted is the only reason I’ve signed up to a paid account and now its not working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sorenzi and @GKGK,

I have added you both to the open bug report as another affected members. While we don’t have an exact ETA for the bug’s fix. However, we will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

In the mean time, you can use the Event Set ID as a custom value workaround. Like so:

82718f2dcd2b4a2f4406dfaabd4d952c.png
(view larger)

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am also affected by this, please add me to the list. Surprising that this bug has been open for so long considering the magnitude of FB ads.

I will try the custom ID approach in the meantime, hope it works.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @javier-upfc, sorry to hear you’re being affected by this as well. 

I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by this to help boost it’s priority. We still can’t provide any sort of timeline on when this issue will be fixed by but we’ll definitely notify you as soon as it is. 

Hopefully using the workaround of specifying the event’s ID will get things working in the meantime. If you run into any trouble in implementing that please do let us know - happy to assist further! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Same issue here, singed up tp premium for this one feature and it’s not working!

I have tried the custom ID approach this afternoon and the offline event from shopify has not lant in FB offline events, the work around is not working.

I would be interested to hear if the workaround has worked for anyone else in the group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Q4V 👋

I’m so sorry you’re also being affected by this and that the workaround of using the custom option to select the Event Set didn’t work. ​​​​I’ve added you to the the list so you’ll get a notification as soon as it’s been sorted.

In the meantime, for the offline events that should have been added in Facebook but weren’t, did you get any errors appearing in the Zap history? If so would you mind sharing a screenshot of any errors so I can take a closer look? It could be that there’s something else on the set up that’s causing them not to appear. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!

Userlevel 1

thanks for your response, this is a test so nothing in history. Here is a screenshot of the test but nothing arrives in FB events

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @Q4V.

I did some digging and discovered that Meta will be deprecating their Offline Conversions API in May 2025 and it’s advised that the Send Purchase Event or Send Other Event actions on the Facebook Conversions or Facebook Conversions (for Business admins) are used instead. 

You can find out more about this here: Changes impacting Facebook Offline Conversions users

Can you try switching from the Facebook Offline Conversions app to the relevant alternative Facebook Conversions app instead and let me know if that resolves things?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, @SamB!

Can you provide any guide for setting up the offline conversion with the new App “Send Purchase Event in Facebook Conversions (for Business admins)”. I’m not getting any results. How does it know to track offline conversions and not website conversions? 

The support team is not familiar with the offline conversions and Meta, it seems.. 

Br. Niklas 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB I tried your last suggestion, and now have events going through to Meta :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @glaesnermedia and @Q4V 👋

@glaesnermedia - looking at the guidance referenced here it appears that Physical Store needs to be selected for the Action Source field:
6c5837ab8ac22301122d04054ac991fb.png

That said, I just checked in a Zap and I’m not seeing Physical Store as an option for the Action Source on a Send Purchase Event action on the Facebook Conversions (For Business Admins) app. 🤔

As you asked “How does it know to track offline conversions and not website conversions?” am I correct in assuming that means you selected “Website” from the Action Source field? If that’s the case I wonder if that might be why the events aren’t being recorded as expected.

Can you try selecting the necessary Physical Store option manually? You can do that by clicking on the Custom value option and then entering the id for the option which, based on the ids shown for the other options, should be “Physical Store”:
7e0e9ff5b22b0abe5e4d8d9b6ac0cedf.png

Keen to help get this sorted so please keep us updated on how that goes!

@Q4V - that’s awesome news! I’m so glad that switching to the Facebook Conversions app did the trick! 😁🎉

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB Thank you for your reply. It is not a physical store, but I use it to track my "Offline Conversions" which means the purchases made in the extended period of time that I'm not able to track. I can only track purchases made 1 day after the view or up until 7 days after a click on the ad. 

So if a person is viewing my ad on any given money and buying it on Wednesday the purchase will not count in my statistics. The same thing is happening if a person is clicking on my ad on any given Monday and buying something the next Tuesday. 

Hence, I'm using Zapier's application "Facebook Offline Conversions" to match emails from the Shopify with e-mails who have viewed or clicked on my ad. 

Now I'm getting information that the original app is being phased out due to Metas new processes. Therefore, I'm investigating the new app "Facebook Conversions" to figure out how to setup the exact same thing as before, so I'm able to track all of my purchases. 

The reason why I'm suspecting it to not work is because we had zero purchases before we started advertising. So all of the purchases should be mine. But with the new app it is not registering any offline events. So that's why I'm writing to you to get help. 

In other words: I need to know how to setup Facebook Offline Conversions with the new app "Facebook Conversions" EXACTLY as it is now with the app "Facebook Offline Conversions". Otherwise I will wait until May 2025, which is the date for the final outphasing. 

But should I still change the “Action Source” to Physical Store and publish it? 

BR. Niklas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me, @glaesnermedia. 🙂

There aren’t any in-depth guides I can share that will give specific details on how to set up the Facebook Conversions actions exactly as the Facebook Offline Conversions actions would have been set up previously. However, the guidance shared on the Changes impacting Facebook Offline Conversions users update says that to record offline conversions the Action Source needs to be set to Physical Store. So even though it’s not a physical store I think it would be worth manually selecting Physical Store (by using the custom value option) to see if that allows the conversions to be recorded as an offline conversion. 

Can you give that a try and let me know whether that works as hoped?