Best answer

Error when adding channel in Slack to Zap - We’re having trouble loading 'Channel' data (The app returned "ratelimited")

• 5 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi,

We are receiving this error when trying to add a channel in Slack via Zapier “We’re having trouble loading 'Channel' data (The app returned "ratelimited".)” is this issue resolved?

Did anyone find workaround for above issue. 

Can someone tell me, how to add ourself the to list of affected user.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 April 2022, 01:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Fivestars 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps is configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have more context, thanks.

When I go to add a channel, it takes a while and then it fails to load and receive below error: 

Unable to load choices  We’re having trouble loading ‘Channel’ data (The app returned “ratelimited”.)

We trying to filter the list, still receive the error. It’s happening to the new zap. Old ones are working fine since no edit/change were executed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fivestars 

Give this a try as a workaround.

You can manually set the Channel ID using the ‘Custom’ option.

Here’s how to find the Slack Channel ID:

1. Right click on the Channel
  2. Copy link
  3. Paste link in browser bar (don’t hit enter/go)
  4. Copy Channel ID from end of link
  5. Paste Channel ID into Zap field

Tried using Channel ID and still no luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fivestars 

You need to select ‘Custom’, then put the Channel ID, where it says “Pick a channel...”

Troy, I appreciate your workaround, I think there is issue with the account I’m using for Slack connection. Accounts I am trying to connect has more than couple dozens channel and I believe it’s failing to load and using custom (Channel ID), it doesn’t recognize and shows below options which are irrelevant.

I tried using a different Slack connected user it shows different channel but not the ones I’m looking for. I might work the user using that specific and ask to the channel, I want to blast the message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fivestars 

You need to enter the static Channel ID below the Channel label where it says “Enter text or insert data...”.

Thank Troy, I was looking at a different place. I was able to test it and it worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay, @Fivestars! So glad you were able to get this working!