Best answer

Error Message when sending gmail with attachment from Google Drive Upload

• 27 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

After the last update to Google Drive I am getting "Failed to create a send email in Gmail - not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)" error while I was trying to send an e-mail with my attached pdf file from the earlier ‘Upload File in Google Drive’ step.

This process was working just fine with the earlier version (legacy) of Google Drive, it started to give this error while sending e-mail after update.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by communitymember 28 March 2024, 03:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Xayndro 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for your response.

Here are my steps and the error I get.

It seems there are no problems with the steps 1-6. Step 6 uploads the document in my drive folder.

But when I chose the “6.File” as attachment in the step 7 I get this error. When I attach another output from step 6 there are no problems but when I attach the file it doesn’t work.

Also would want to point out that It was working fine before I applied the update for step 6. 

Thanks 

Goktug

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Xayndro  try attaching the same file again and see

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Also, check the file extension type you are uploading.

Is the file uploaded in your dirve opening? and what is the file type

Userlevel 1

Hi @communitymember ,

Attaching the same document didn’t work but after seeing your suggestion on checking the file extension type, I written “pdf” in the file extention type (it was empty before) in step 6 and it worked :)

Thank you very much, I might never thought about that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Xayndro! A huge thanks to communitymember for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@ken.a  @Xayndro the file extension part has something I came across 3-4 years ago. I am glad that it worked