Question

Error: Failed to create an updated contact in Google Contacts Error parsing response.

• 15 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello, 

I am looking to update my contacts in Gmail once the customer details are updated in Shopify. 

Unfortunately First and Last Name based changes are not sufficient as we can have multiple clients with the same name. 
So we need the email to confirm the client. 

When I set-up the Zap I get this error:

Failed to create an updated contact in Google Contacts

Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang=en> <meta charset=utf-8> <meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1"

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mika 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mika

The GContacts ‘Contact’ field expects the Contact ID, not an email address.

If you don’t know the Contact ID, then you can use a search step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mika, just checking in! Were you able to make the adjustment Troy recommended to get your Zap up and running?

Hi @Channel, Hi @Troy

I added a search step, searching by email and then chose the contact ID. 
It worked, Thank you!

In case we update customer email, this zap will not function, correct? 
Is there a solution for this? 

Many thanks, 

Michel

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Mika just stepping in for Troy here! The Zap should trigger when an email is updated with the “Updated Customer” trigger. Is there something you’re seeing that’s causing you to think that may not be possible? Let us know - we’d love to clarify what we can to get you on your way!