Best answer

Error: Failed to create a database item in Notion: Tasks is not a property that exists

• 15 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I’ve been using Zapier for several months now. I have a database in Notion called Tasks. The three Zaps that I use for triggers are TickTick, Google Calendar, and Todoist. All three of the Zaps worked fine up until yesterday. 

I’m getting the same error message no matter which Zap I  run. Attached is the error message that I get. Any help would be appreciated to help me understand why this error occurs.

Thank you.

Barry

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 April 2023, 21:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @barryvideo 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure we’re on the same page, could you kindly send screenshots of how the Zap was configured? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Also, since you mentioned that you have other Zaps that use Notion, does the issue happen on all of the Zaps? Or does it happen to one Zap only?

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Hi Chalie,

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure of what you are asking for regarding sceenshots of how the Zaps were configured.  I did have three Zaps that used Notion. The integrations include Todoist, Tick Tick, and Google Calendar all of which didn’t work any longer. I was so frustrated that I just redid them and they seemed to work. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again. I don’t think I can send you the screenshots because I deleted the Zaps that didn’t work.

Let me know if I can offer any other information that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Charlie,

I have an update for you. I told you in my last update that I set up the three Zaps again. This is what I discovered this evening. I added an appointment in Google Calendar. The Zap appeared to work. It did appear in my Notion appointments list. However, I still received an email telling me there may be an error and that Tasks is not a property that exists. 

I don’t know if this helps, but here is the error message that I received:

Stopped(Errored)

Run ID: 001d659f-5bc7-aa25-b787-aeeb93e9cb31

Copy to clipboard

Create database item in Notion when new or updated event in Google Calendar

View Zap Details

Replay Zap Run

April 15, 2023 - Run history for this ZapThis Zap run used the America/New_York timezone - Edit Zap Details

Total tasks used:0

• Success

1. Found 1 new Event in Google Calendar.2023-04-15 22:06:36 - Edit This Step

Data inData out

expand_recurring:
    yes
    calendarid:
    1fkd747s7n8146mjsoqrl43mo4@group.calendar.google.com
  • Stopped

2. This Notion step hit an error.2023-04-15 22:06:37 - Edit This Step

Data in

database:
    5277fbbc-4f0d-4ec2-8d3f-ef8bfd7bd587
    properties|||Tasks|||title:
    Going to Michelle's 
    properties|||Status|||select:
    ⏰ Appt
    content_format:
    plain_text
    use_zapier_datetime_fields:
    true
    properties|||Date of Update|||date__start:
    2023-04-16T12:00:00-04:00
    properties|||Calendar Event|||checkbox:
    true
    properties|||Priority|||select:
    🔴 1-High
    properties|||Date|||date__start:
    Apr 16, 202312:00PM
    properties|||Entry - Due Date|||date__start:
    Apr 16, 2023 12:00PM
    properties|||Location|||rich_text:
    Overlook Court, Overlook Ct, Manchester, MD 21102, USA
    properties|||Description|||rich_text:
    Take Crumbl Cookies

Date:

1:properties|||Date|||date__start:
    2023-04-16T20:23:12-04:00

Date of Update:

1:properties|||Date of Update|||date__start:

Completed Date:

1:

Updates:

1:properties|||Updates|||date__start:

Entry - Due Date:

1:properties|||Entry - Due Date|||date__start:

Fields with no value:

properties|||Updates|||date__start

properties|||Task|||title

Tasks is not a property that exists.

Troubleshoot errorGet Help

Let me know if there is any other information  that I can send you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @barryvideo,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I appreciate the additional details on the error.

Have you tried replaying the errored tasks to see if they will be successful this time around?

You can find more information about replaying failed Zap runs at this link: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989-Replay-failed-Zap-runs

Please keep us posted! 😊

I wish I could figure this out. The last couple of days I’ve added a few appointments from Google Calendar and it successfully added it to Notion. However, I’m still getting the same message “Tasks is not a property that exists.” 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @barryvideo,

Thanks for letting us know!

I’m wondering if there’s any “Extra Fields” in your Zap action step. “Extra Fields” should look something like this:

1cda484446661f3c8cf45e48114f0816.png
(view larger)

I suggest clicking on the “Remove these extra fields” button, and after that publish the Zap again to avoid running into some weird errors when the Zap is running. More about this here: Why is there a section called “Extra Fields” on my Zap action?

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

Thank you for the response. I followed your suggestion and removed the extra fields and I no longer get the error message. 

Thanks so much for your help and guidance.

Barry

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@barryvideo stepping in for Ken here and glad to hear those suggestions worked! If you run into any other issues, we’re here to help. 🙂