Question

Error: Alexa Zap Unable to Add Task to Any.do List & RSS Trigger Issue

• 16 September 2023
  • 2 replies

It does not work at all.

Also the Trigger: RSS by Zapier is garbage too because without an ability to have an “update rate”, it won’t see any new changes beyond the test run. For RSS to work you have to have it update to see for changes. Right now there is nothing therefore it does nothing.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AntDX316, welcome to the Community! 

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your reply out into it’s own topic so that we can address the issue with the RSS by Zapier app separately.

I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by the issue being discussed on the previous thread. I can’t make any promises around when it might be resolved by but we’ll definitely be in touch via email once it is.

For this issue with the RSS by Zapier app, I know that the triggers are all polling triggers so they will regularly check for new items added to the feed since the last time the Zap checked. When you say “Right now there is nothing therefore it does nothing.” is it that there are no new items that have been added to the feed? Or have new items been added to the RSS feed since the Zap was switched on, but failed to trigger the Zap?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi @AntDX316, welcome to the Community! 

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your reply out into it’s own topic so that we can address the issue with the RSS by Zapier app separately.

I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by the issue being discussed on the previous thread. I can’t make any promises around when it might be resolved by but we’ll definitely be in touch via email once it is.

For this issue with the RSS by Zapier app, I know that the triggers are all polling triggers so they will regularly check for new items added to the feed since the last time the Zap checked. When you say “Right now there is nothing therefore it does nothing.” is it that there are no new items that have been added to the feed? Or have new items been added to the RSS feed since the Zap was switched on, but failed to trigger the Zap?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

The Zapier has to look at the RSS link to see for changes. If it does not look/load/launch the page again to see for “change” then how is it possible for it to update if there is no update?

It’s like this for any RSS. There’s another website that has an RSS for server status of other websites, they don’t even know they need add to that RSS topic instead of “Editing” what the status is on the same ‘field box’ otherwise all the RSS software looking for a new update won’t see anything and won’t update to the RSS software’s people have. This is problematic when you don’t check to see if there was a change and refer solely/only to the RSS notification software instead of the RSS site directly.

What I meant for there is nothing is where is no way for the RSS by Zapier to update on it’s own such as once per hour, once per minute, once per 15 minutes, etc. There is absolutely nothing to set so it’s basically set to no update/off/disabled.