Best answer

Alexa goes through all steps, but when it comes time add task to my Any.do list it says "oops, I ran into a proiblem"

• 22 April 2023
  • 40 replies

Userlevel 1

Trying to use Alexa to create a new Task in Any.do. I’ve created the zap, and it works in that i can do a test and it shows in my Task List in Any.do, and when i tell Alexa to run the zap it does and gives right prompts, etc. so that I can speak the task i want to add, but then at this last step, adding to Any.do Alexa says: “Oops, I ran into a problem.” I’ve changed everything i can think of and again, it all works with the test zap, but in the end i can’t add a Task to Any.do using zapier with Alexa.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 April 2023, 15:43

View original

40 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @PCB 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the steps of the Zap so far? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

Here are the images. 1) please note that one of them shows that a test zap works, and indeed it does as it is in my task list in any.do. 2) Any.do has tested this and also gets a successful test but the same message when they try to do a zap, “oops, I ran into a problem.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @PCB - thanks for sharing those screenshots! 

Do your mind testing something out for me, real quick? Can you try changing the prompt to something else? 

It’s possible you may be running into a known Alexa bug but want to see if this helps at all first. 🤞🏽Thanks for your help in this!

Userlevel 1

Changed prompt for the 4th time. Still getting error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @PCB,

I did some digging into this, and several other users have encountered the same issue. The problem is related to a bug within the Amazon Alexa integration that also affects you.

Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I apologize for the trouble caused by this bug. Let us know how we can assist you further. We’re always happy to lend a hand. 🤗

Userlevel 1

I also have this issue adding an answer to an Alexa prompt I have set up to a new row in a Google Sheets doc. The test works fine, but actually adding from the prompt answer does not work, and I get the same “we ran into an error” response from Alexa mentioned in OP’s issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zincalati,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this bug. I've added you as another affected user to the open bug report. Although I can't provide an exact timeframe for when it will be fixed, we'll keep you updated via email as soon as there’s an update regarding the bug.

Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Same problem trying to add a task to Zoho Projects from Alexa via Zapier. Everything works until I give the task name when prompted, then I get the “oops, I’ve ran into a problem” every time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @marshallair,

I’m so sorry for the inconvinience this may have caused you. 

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an ETA on when the bug will get fixed. We will keep you in the loop via email once it is.

Thank you.

I’m having the same problem when adding a task to Wealthbox from Alexa via Zapier.  Test is successful, but when I ask Alexa to create a task, she understands and then asks the prompt question for the task name.  Then after I answer with the task name, she replies, “oops, I ran into a problem”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for letting us know @athhwm! I’ve added you to that report and we’ll let you know once a fix is in place.

Adding myself to the list of users seeking a fix for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @amberc. 🙂

Happy to confirm that you’re now on the list of users being affected by this bug. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been resolved. 

me too

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well @ggblake! I’ve added you to the list so we’ll definitely be in touch via email as soon as a fix has been implemented.  

I got a same problem. please let me in your notify mail list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @shkim! I’ve added you to the list of users being impacted by this issue, so once it’s sorted we’ll send you an email to confirm it’s been fixed. 🙂

I have met the same trouble yesterday.When I use the zapier to connect the amazon alexa and google sheet it come to problem. I find if I don’t add the ‘Additional Prompt Question’,it work normally.And add it, the alexa say’oops, I’ve ran into a problem’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @liujunfei. So sorry you’re running into this issue as well when adding the Additional Prompt. I’ve added you to the list of impacted users so we can notify you the minute it gets resolved. 

Getting the same error when using Alexa to create a motion task.

It tests out fine but when I run it does everything on and gives the Ooops error…

You can add me to the list as well! Also having this issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry that you’re also being affected here, @TheHiTechNomad and @davocarli. I’ve gone ahead and added you both to the list of affected users. I can’t give an ETA for when this bug might be resolved by, but you'll be among the first to know via email once it's fixed. 

same problem - seems to be related to “sample additional information prompt” with alexa

if you try and do anything with the addition prompt from alexa it will fail with “oops ran into a problem”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry you’re getting the same error, @zapzap101. I can’t give any sort of ETA on when it might be resolved by, but we’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue so we’ll notify you by email the moment it’s been sorted.

I too am having this problem. Would you please add me to the list for notification as well? Thanks!