Best answer

Error 404 Airtable to OpenAI - could not update record in Airtable

Badge

I’m getting an error message when trying to update a record in Airtable using a prompt from OpenAI.

I’m not sure what I’m missing? 

icon

Best answer by ZapLily 31 March 2023, 16:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapLily 

Good question.

We’d need to see full detailed screenshots with how your 2 Airtable steps are configured, thanks.

Badge

Hey @Troy Tessalone - thanks so much. Does this help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @ZapLily,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Thanks for the additional screenshots!

I did some digging here, and it seems like the issue is the mapped data in the “Record” field in the “Update Record” step. The “Record” field looks for the Record ID.

Could you please try remapping the “Record” field with the Record ID that is coming from the trigger step? Here’s an example from my Zap:

505928a299c13c3ecfd6c97472d0e307.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 😊

Badge

Thank you so much for your response! We’ve stopped the error but i’m not actually getting the results in the airtable. I haven’t identified anywhere in the zap that I want the OpenAI response populated in the field ‘Traits’ - how do I do that? My ‘update record step’ now looks like this:

It’s telling me it’s successful but nothing’s showing in the Airtable 😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @ZapLily,

I can see on the screenshot that you may not have mapped any data on the “Traits” field in the “Update Record” action step. Please try mapping a data in the “Traits” field in the “Update Record” action step so that the Zap knows which field to update.

Keep us posted. Thanks! 😊

Badge

Hey Ken - what does that mean? Do you mean mapping a data here? (screenshot) If so what should I be adding in here. Thank you so much!

UPDATE: I have been able to update the traits column but it’s updating with the prompt from OpenAI not the response. Do you know how I do this? So close!! 💥

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ZapLily,

I apologize for the confusion on my previous response.

You mentioned that you want the OpenAI’s response to be populated in the “Traits” field. I suggest mapping the “Traits” field with the “Prompt” data from the Open AI step.

Thanks! 😊

Badge

No problem - I have been able to update the traits column but it’s updating the field with the prompt from OpenAI not the response. Do you know which drop down I select to get the OpenAI response to my prompt rather than the prompt itself? So close!! 💥

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ZapLily,

It looks like OpenAI doesn’t return the result of the conversation. I suggest replacing OpenAI that with the ChatGPT Integration.

0ec8836a2ce72066e73e8fbf0afd7e76.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊

Badge

I fixed this by the way - I needed to select ‘choices text’ in the update record action to get the right response from OpenAI

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for sharing the solution, @ZapLily! I’m sure it’ll be helpful to anyone following along. 🤗