Best answer

Emma – 401 error when connecting account

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

I keep getting the following error when trying to connect an Emma account:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: The app returned "401".

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

I’ve tried an incognito window, a different browser, and even rebooted my computer—no luck. Any other suggestions I could try?

icon

Best answer by johnnybeez 23 June 2023, 15:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @johnnybeez 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

They may be able to provide more insight and guidance if there is an existing issue.

Hi @johnnybeez 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

They may be able to provide more insight and guidance if there is an existing issue.

I’ve tried that as well, but they wouldn’t acknowledge whether this was a known issue or provide any support, other than telling me to ask for help here. (No tech support for free accounts, apparently? But if the Emma integration is broken, there’s no reason for me to pay for the service.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@johnnybeez 

FYI: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves.

You can try reaching out to Emma support to see if they can provide any guidance.

Thanks Troy—I’ll give that a shot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @johnnybeez! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗 

Troy is correct - this particular app is owned and managed by the Emma team so they may be best positioned to dig into this! You can contact them here.

That being said, I did find this on their site where it mentions, “Our Zapier integration is available for all Emma Pro, Plus, and Premium accounts”

I don’t see those particular plans listed though so that might be something worth double checking!

Please keep us posted! We definitely want to make sure you’re all squared away here. 🙂

Thanks, all—I did contact the Emma team and was able to get it sorted out. The fix was to regenerate the Emma API key.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m glad they were able to help get this sorted! Thanks for keeping the thread updated. 🤗