Question

Embedded images not copying from Evernote to OneNote

• 25 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am setting up a Zap to copy a note from Evernote into OneNote when I add a new tag to the Evernote note. However, the pictures embedded in my Evernote notes are not copying over into the corresponding new notes in OneNote.

I have made sure I’ve selected the Content_HTML and Attachment fields in the mapping. I can’t tell though if those are adequate or if further fields need to be mapped map from Evernote to OneNote to copy over the embedded images.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @abulbatool,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please include the “Action” section that shows all of its field of your action step as well. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Ken.  Please find here attached the screenshots of the 2 steps of my Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the screenshots @abulbatool!

I’m not entirely sure if your approach would work. However, have you tried using the “Create Image Note” action instead? Do you think the “Create Image Note” action would work for your use case here?

d838f2518b433a7db1b5b6f711964b00.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again, Ken.  I tried the “Create Image Note” option and, just for yucks, the “Create Page/Note from URL Link” option also ; screenshots attached.  Unfortunately, no success (yet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @abulbatool,

Thanks for the update here.

I believe the data you have mapped in the “Image URL” field is incorrect. The “Image URL” field specifically looks for the publicly accessible direct URL of the image and don’t accept HTML from Evernote.

Could you please try mapping the Image URL from Evernote (if it’s available) to the “Image URL” field of the OneNote step?

Thanks!