Best answer

I could not trigger my Zap even after entering authentication to verify through Gmail.

• 15 June 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to setup an email to slack channel posting using the Email by Zapier function.  However, in Gmail i have to “verify” the zapier email address by entering an authentication code.  No matter how many times I send it from gmail it doesn’t appear to trigger the zap.  If i manually send an email to that same address it works.

It’s just the gmail forwarding verification that’s being stuffed.  How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 June 2022, 13:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there @coachingmastery!

We’ve seen some users come across this issue when they need to provide verification for Forwarding Gmail messages. There is a way that we can help you to get that code, but you’ll need to contact the Zapier Support team as they need to take a look at our email logs, which we can’t do for you here in the Community. The best way to get in touch with them is via the Get Help form, give them as much details as possible including the Zap you’re having trouble with and an approximate date/time of the last time you tried to send the verification email as that will help them to track things down quicker. Thanks!

I have the same problem with the Gmail verification message - it seems to get lost in the Zapier email system.  Following the link given in the other reply, it seems that users on the free plan can’t access customer support directly.  Is that correct?  If so, is there any way I can get my Zapier email address verified by Gmail whilst on the free plan?

Thanks for your help.