Question

"Email address" not available in Zapier but available in public API (7shifts)

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello! 

I am attempting to pass the user email from 7shifts so we can add new users in Trainual. According to the front end website of Zapier, this is possible. But when attempting to create the zap, the only identifying information is “company ID”, which is not usable as an authentication method for user info. We were notified that email address is an option from 7shifts open API but it is not available as selectable in Zapier. Can someone walk me through how to get information passed in a zap if the email field is not available in Zapier? Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bradford from Trainual 

For us to have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Thanks for taking a look @Troy Tessalone! Here’s what we are looking at. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bradford from Trainual 

Try adding this as Step 2: 7shifts - Retrieve User

@Troy Tessalone @Bradford from Trainual I tried this and here is the result. It fails to find a record. I also included the account screen in 7 shifts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John R 

Make sure the correct Company ID is set.

Make sure the User with that User ID exists in 7shifts.

Last screenshot from 7shifts, doesn’t show the browser URL, which may contain the User ID as proof.