Question

Duplicate Cognito Form Entry

Our Zap is triggered by a Calendly event being scheduled, and if it passes our Zapier filter then it should create an entry on a specific Cognito Form. For some reason, entries are being duplicated in Cognito Forms. Our zaps are not complex and I’ve been dealing with this for some time. Has anyone faced this issue as well?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @AQEMoldTesting 

You can see zap history and check whether same calendly event is firing twice and that can create 2 entries. Also share screenshot of your zap and zap history so that the origin of the issue can be found.

Hey @robschmidt 

Please see images attached. I would like to know what you think about this. I have the same exact zap setup for another calendly account and it is not duplicating entries.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @AQEMoldTesting 

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Before we dig deeper into this, do you have other Zaps that uses Cognito Forms? If so, is the issue happening on those Zaps as well?

Looking forward to your response. I want to ensure we’re on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

@Charie yes it does occur on other zaps. These zaps create entries on our other CognitoForms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AQEMoldTesting,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I recommend taking a look at this helpful article in our Zapier Help Center: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496218141453

Please give it a read and let us know if it helps resolve the issue.

Thanks! 😊

hello @ken.a 

This did not resolve my issue. I forgot to mention that it not only is duplicating our entries but its also creating an entry on another form that is not related to the zap.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @AQEMoldTesting 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you please share a detailed screenshot of the filter step to know the configuration to see if the issue is in that step? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail in the Zap)

@Brem see attached.

@Brem i have some time now to show you whats going on via video chat. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @AQEMoldTesting 

While we offer chat and screen share options for customers on our Company Plan, we’re unable to jump on calls, chats, or screen shares for Individual Plans. All our support is done via email or thru the community.

The filter step could be why two entries are created in Cognito Forms. For example, the first entry passes the filter step because it contains the Post Remediation Assessment. The second step passes the filter step because it matches the “Event Assigned To”. May I know what your goal is for the filter step?

Our Zap is triggered by a Calendly event being scheduled, and if it passes our Zapier filter then it should create an entry on a specific Cognito Form. For some reason, entries are being duplicated in Cognito Forms. Our zaps are not complex and I’ve been dealing with this for some time. Has anyone faced this issue as well?

Double-check that your filter is set up correctly and that it's not allowing through events that should be filtered out. It's possible that an event is triggering your Zap multiple times because it's passing through your filter multiple times. same happened with me.