Best answer

Dropbox - Find File using Airtable Fields - Failed to find a file in Dropbox

• 30 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

When I use Find File task for Drop Box, it keeps failing to find the file, and gives the error

Failed to find a file in Dropbox

Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

Okay - So I can see the exact file names in my dropbox.
e.g. “Mifsud Pluto-DX-25/1/2023-Report.pdf”

And I have Airtable fields that give me contents like: “Mifsud Pluto”, “DX”, and “25/1/2023”
So I build the file name search action using these fields and add the “-” or “-Report.pdf” as text in between the spaces as needed.

Then as I test this task, I can see what it’s going to start looking for:

_zap_search_success_on_miss
False
directory
/Bitrads Reports AUTOMATION
include_deleted
no
include_file_contents
yes
name
Mifsud Pluto-DX-25/1/2023-Report.pdf

And that matches exactly what the file name is. I even tested to see if Airtable thought both strings were the same.
Mifsud Pluto-DX-25/1/2023-Report.pdf

But I still get the zap error saying Zapier failed to find that file.

I also have re-connected my Dropbox in my Manage Apps section and it still happens.

Why can’t zapier find the file that exists in my dropbox even though I spell it out for it perfectly????

The only thing I can think of is that zapier doesn’t like the space, but I also tried it with a patient name that doesn’t have a space. Same error.

icon

Best answer by SteveJ 30 January 2023, 15:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I think I found it.
I went back to Dropbox New File to Airtable and see what it saw when searching for New Files.

It saw - “Luna-DX-25:1:2023-Report” as the file name.

So it doesn’t like the “/” and ignores the file type “.pdf”

Trying with the “:” instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @SteveJ!

Great job troubleshooting that. If you still can’t get things working please do let us know!