Question

Drip error: The app returned "Custom field identified by '' has an invalid identifier (letters, numbers, and underscores only)

• 17 October 2023
  • 5 replies

This is the error I am facing when trying to automate ManyChat details to Drip. Failed to create an update_subscriber_v2 in Drip The app returned "Custom field identified by '' has an invalid identifier (letters, numbers, and underscores only)".

Even when I add another automation to remove the + symbol from the number that is generated in ManyChat (it won’t let me submit a number without a country code on ManyChat). Is there something that I am missing or is this a glitch? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hartley Health 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone - please see attached!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hartley Health 

The Custom Fields are not configured correctly.

Try where each should be a pair with the Custom field on the top or left and the value on the bottom or right.

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what this means! What platform do I adjust these on and how do I action? Thank you so much for your help @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hartley Health 

Your Zap step configuration is incorrect for the Custom Fields.
Each Custom Field you are trying to map should have a static “key” and a dynamic “value” pair.

You currently have 2 dynamic “values” mapped without a “key”.