Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing recurring issues with the Zapier <> Airtable OAuth connection failing repeatedly. A client of mine keeps running into this problem, and it’s becoming quite a challenge to manage.

A colleague mentioned that they had a similar issue with Pipedream, and their solution was to replace the OAuth connection with an Airtable PAT (Personal Access Token) instead. They suggested that the problem might stem from Airtable’s OAuth implementation, where the auth and refresh tokens can only be used once, leading to token rotation issues if there are parallel requests.

I'm wondering if it’s possible to switch from using OAuth to a PAT in Zapier. Has anyone successfully done this, or is there another way to stabilize the connection between Zapier and Airtable?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Hi @Eric Aguerreberry 

Help links for using Airtable in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/help

Hi there @Eric Aguerreberry👋

The Airtable app on Zapier uses OAuth so it would not be possible to connect using a Personal Access Token (PAT). 

It sounds like you’re running into the same issue that’s being discussed over here where Airtable app account connections are expiring more frequently than expected: 

So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the bug report which helps to increase it’s priority and allows us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s resolved. I can’t provide any ETA on when it will be sorted but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is. There’s no workaround other than to manually reconnection the app account when it expires, but we’ll be sure to let you know if any more automated workarounds are discovered.

As there’s already one post in the Community discussing that Airtable bug I’m going to close this one out. For anyone that comes across this post and wants to be added to the notification list please reach out on the main thread here and we’ll get you added to it. 🙂