Question

DocuSign Integration: Temporary File Links Expiring in 5 Days Instead of 30

• 21 May 2023
  • 6 replies

We have been using file temporary file links provided by Zapier in our Docusign integration for some time.  These used to last for 30 days which was perfect for our purposes.  However the links now seem to expire after circa 5 days.  Is this an error or a conscious change made by Zapier?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Kai,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve already contacted our Support team regarding this issue. Here’s their response:

So that I can assist you in the best way possible, can I ask you to send over a screenshot to help visualize what you mean with completed forms?

Is that referring to the Zap run export option?

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496294549005-Export-your-Zap-history

I'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

I suggest continuing this conversation with our Support team so that they can dive deeper on what’s causing this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Leo

No I mean there is a weblink which should be downloadable for 30 days – but for us it is only working for 2 days and then it expires.

Can you confirm why this is happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kai,

I understand that you’re having trouble with the weblink expiring earlier than expected. Before we dive deeper, could you kindly let me know where this weblink originated from? Did it come from a webhook or another application?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi there

Yes this is a usually a link from Docusign that is produced via Zapier.

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kai,

I did some digging into this, and here’s what I found about the DocuSign links expiring and found this related help article from DocuSign:

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-long-does-DocuSign-store-my-documents?language=en_US&rsc_301#:~:text=Envelopes%2FDocuments%20within%20an%20account,feature%20or%20used%20Targeted%20Purge.

It looks like the links are coming from DocuSign itself and not with Zapier. I would suggest contacting DocuSign’s Support team about this issue.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kai 

Can you provide a specific example of the link that is expiring as it is mapped in your Zap from DocuSign?

Screenshots are helpful to show how your Zap steps are configured.