Best answer

Document Moved In Google Drive -> Create Task In Notion

• 16 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m having trouble getting this zap to work. 

Basically, I have three folders;

1. Being Written
  2. Ready to Review
  3. Published

Inside each of the folders is another set of folders assigned to a writer;

1. Being Written
    1. Bob
    2. Charlie
    3. Sara
  2. Ready to Review
    1. Bob
    2. Charlie
    3. Sara
  3. Published
    1. Bob
    2. Charlie
    3. Sara

I’m currently creating word documents in a writers Being Written folder (i.e. 0. Being Written / 1. Bob) once Bob has written the post he’s supposed to move it to his Ready to Review folder (i.e. 1. Ready to Review / 1. Bob).

To alert me that this move has been made I’m trying to get Zapier to create a task in Notion. 

When I test the Zap it works fine.

However, in reality it does not. 

I’ve tried setting it so once the file arrives in the dedicated 1. Ready to Review I’m alerted and also once the file is ‘deleted’ from 0. Being Written I’m alerted but in both cases the reality never triggers the Notion task.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 21 December 2022, 06:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Current trigger set-up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Cora92 

You currently have the zap set to watch the folder 0032 - Joseph (To Pay) only new files in specifically that folder will trigger Zapier. No files in any of that folders subfolders will trigger. 

Another thing that could be happening is that the New File in Folder trigger is a scheduled trigger, meaning it could take 15 minutes before the Zap fires. The polling time for scheduled triggers is dependent on your Zapier plan as follows:

Free/Starter: 15 minutes
Professional: 2 minutes
Team/Company: 1 minute

0032 - Joseph (To Pay) is the subfolder. 
For example; 1. For Review / 0032 - Joseph (To Pay)

I’m also on the Professional plan, so 2 minutes but sadly even after an hour or checking the zap history it’s not showing.

0032 - Joseph (To Pay) is the subfolder. 
For example; 1. For Review / 0032 - Joseph (To Pay)

I’m also on the Professional plan, so 2 minutes but sadly even after an hour or checking the zap history it’s not showing.

I should also say, I have this set up for every writer seperately as I figured that would be an easier way to monitor / fix it. 

Could I do it at the higher level instead and it still cover all the sub folders?
So, just monitor 1. For Review? even if the files get moved into any of the sub folders?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Cora92, if you check out this page, it’ll give you a full run down on what each trigger and action covers. It looks there aren’t any options to explore the contents of subfolders. 

Perhaps you can explore an option of creating “For Review - Joseph” “To Pay- Joseph” and then utilize the trigger “New File in Folder”. I would eliminate subfolders if you want this Zap to work properly, although I know that may not be the most organized, or aesthetically pleasing option on the backend of things. 

Hi @Cora92, if you check out this page, it’ll give you a full run down on what each trigger and action covers. It looks there aren’t any options to explore the contents of subfolders. 

Perhaps you can explore an option of creating “For Review - Joseph” “To Pay- Joseph” and then utilize the trigger “New File in Folder”. I would eliminate subfolders if you want this Zap to work properly, although I know that may not be the most organized, or aesthetically pleasing option on the backend of things. 

Thanks, it’s not about the asthetics and more about the function of the folders sadly. I have a number of writers so having no structure to the folders would be a nightmare for navigation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Cora92 ,

I’m sorry you can’t get this workflow working the way you want.

We do have a feature request open for this, but we’re not able to build it currently because it’s not possible with  the Google Drive API. I’ve added you to the feature request in case that changes in the future and we’ll able to add the option to trigger from files in subfolders. 

In the meantime, the primary community post on this topic is here.