Question

Discord Zap not posting, Zapier says successful

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, my Zap says it ran successfully in posting to a Discord channel - but nothing happened. I’ve re-connected my Discord account. I’ve created separate Zap just to test - still nothing posts to Discord.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TMurray,

This looks like a webhook token error. To confirm, could you please send a screenshot of the “DATA OUT” section of the Zap run?

0b9c07363be536e872c388dd1456f343.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TMurray,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Apologies for the late reply as we are getting a high volume of emails recently. As I understand, your Zap that sends a message to Discord seems successful, although it didn’t really post.

Checked the log of this Zap Run you provided, I was able to see that it had an error ‘Invalid Webhook Token’ code: 50027 which can mean that the webhook is already in use by a non-Zapier bot.

I’ve discovered that the problem is a known issue that’s come up for a few of our users. We’ve proactively added your email to our issue report. Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. You’ll be the first to know via email when there’s a resolution.

For the time being, I would like to suggest this workaround:

1) Remove Channel Follows
According to Discord's help doc here, channel following uses webhooks so it may be that those channel follows are interfering with the webhook the Zap creates. 

2) If removing channel follows doesn’t work/isn’t possible
Do you have any other bot webhooks for the channel setup? If so, you may need to remove the current webhooks, set up the Zapier webhook, and then rebuild the other webhooks like so:

• Turn your Zap off
  • Remove any other webhooks that your other bot was using (make a note/take a screenshot of their setup first)
  • Then, reconnect your Discord connection to Zapier again here: https://zapier.com/app/connections
  • Turn your Zap back on
  • Check if a new webhook has appeared for the channel
  • Finally, trigger the Zap again to see if the bot is able to post a message to Discord

Once that’s done you should then be ok to rebuild the previous webhooks in Discord.

Does that help point your workflow in the right direction? 

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email.

Thank you!