Question

Custom fields missing for custom activity in Close

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a custom activity in Close, and I’m building a Zap on the “New Custom Activity” trigger.

The activity itself has several custom fields, but none of them is coming through in the custom activity data.

Any advice for how to figure out why? 

Let me know if I can provide more details.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Add 

Good question.

Please provide more specific details and post screenshots about how your Zaps are configured in order for us to have context about the missing custom fields, thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey again @Add , Looking at the output we see coming from the New/Updated Custom Activity, we do see custom fields coming to us in the data that Close sends.  It appears the format might look like `custom.cf_1234567890abcdefg` but the Zap Editor may be able to convert that into the title of your field as well depending.

If you were having issues with this still, I would ask that you generate a New/Updated Custom Activity and then pull in a sample in the Zap Editor and you should see those fields there.  If not, please open a ticket with our support team and send us a screenshot of the activity as it appears in Close showing the custom field and what you see there.  With that we would be able to help you further!