Best answer

Custom Contact Attribute Not Showing in Zapier for ClickFunnels Action

• 17 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a Zap that triggers when a new row is added to Google Sheets, and in turn, creates or updates a contact in ClickFunnels. I've created a custom contact attribute in ClickFunnels ("Verb / Noun") to segment contacts, but this custom field is not showing up in the list of available fields within the Zapier action.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Added the custom contact attribute in ClickFunnels.
  • Attempted to map this attribute in Zapier when setting up the action for ClickFunnels.
  • Looked for a "Refresh Fields" option in Zapier, but the new field still doesn't appear.

I need to segment contacts based on this custom attribute to send targeted emails. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get Zapier to recognize this new custom contact attribute from ClickFunnels?

Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 November 2023, 12:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @GuyAndBaro, welcome to the Community! 🎉

There’s a couple of different ClickFunnels apps available ClickFunnels (for ClickFunnels 2.0) and ClickFunnels Classic. It seems you’re using the ClickFunnels app which is currently in Beta so that might explain why that “Verb / Noun” custom field isn’t appearing as expected. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests or bug reports open currently for the ClickFunnels app regarding custom fields so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to open a bug report or feature request for this on your behalf. 

Are you able to try using the ClickFunnels Classic app in the Zap instead? I’m hoping that app may allow you to update the custom field in the meantime.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Hey @SamB, @GuyAndBaro

Rich from the ClickFunnels engineering team here 👋

Custom attributes are not part of our API definition yet, so showing them in a list or similar would be a feature request. In the meantime, you could also use tags to segment your customers if that works for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this :))

Best,

Rich