Question

Could not update record in Airtable: Invalid permission or the requested model was not found.

• 12 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I was going through this article, step by step: https://zapier.com/blog/write-social-media-posts-with-ai-and-zapier/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%09itbl-gbl-pgv-ooc-blog_best_notion_alternatives_20230612-ctn

I have encountered two issues:

1. I cannot find the right URL to parse column 

“URL to Parse” → “Published Link”, even if I created correctly on AirTable. It just does not show up (please see two attached sshots)

2. I cannot test the final bit. When I “Update Record” and I place the right response for each social media, I get an error (see other sshots attached)

Can someone help?

Thank you for your support!

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Based on the error message you are receiving it seems that your Airtable access token does not have the correct permissions.

Could you please check the scope and permissions of your Airtable access token?

The Airtable access token should have both read and write access, as well as access to the Airtable base you are trying to access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BlackCube 

Good question.

In the error message, the “model” refers to the Base.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Based on the error message you are receiving it seems that your Airtable access token does not have the correct permissions.

Could you please check the scope and permissions of your Airtable access token?

The Airtable access token should have both read and write access, as well as access to the Airtable base you are trying to access.

Hi, new to Airtable. Where can I verify this?

Userlevel 1

Hi @BlackCube 

Good question.

In the error message, the “model” refers to the Base.

Hi, thx! I don’t understand what should I do though.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having the exact same issue just as of last night with Airtable. However, when I go into Zapier to check Airtable connections it says that the connection is fine.

I generated a Personal Access Token with full permissions on Airtable but I do not see anywhere on Zapier that I can implement that token. How the heck do you fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BlackCube 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured for: Airtable - Update Record

Try reselecting the Base and Table.

@ACAIN , I encountered the same issue, and un connecting and re-connecting the zap didn’t work.

Then I deleted one of the linked questions from the integration and voila, the zap started working again.

I’m having this same issue as well. At this point I have not clue how to resolve it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

Based on what you've described, it seems you're encountering an issue with Airtable. The error message suggests there might be permission issues or a mismatch with the model names/IDs.

Firstly, could you check the permissions set for the connected account, especially for the Airtable Base? This guide on getting started with Airtable on Zapier might be useful to ensure everything's set up correctly.

If everything looks good permission-wise, another step to try would be to reconnect your Airtable account to Zapier. Here's a guide on managing your app connections to assist you in doing that.

Please keep me posted!