Question

'Contact already exists' Error when creating contact from Signup Form in Hubspot

• 16 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey, i got a signup form on my shopify store, that i use for influencer Lead generation.
I setted up the Zap for creating a contact in hubspot, from a webhook connection to this app/form i use.
The Problem is, that the data from the form is not coming through. Only the first time, when all contacts in hubspot are cleared, it accepts one submit, where it gets all the data correct. after that it always says “error the contact already exists” with the id. 
I tried with the zapier support together to create different zaps, with filters, paths and different actions. Like first searching for profile over the find contact action in hubspot. So there it searches for mobile number or email to check if a profile already exists. Than its two paths where one is for updating existing profiles and the other one is for  creating new contacts. Also i tried to use only trigger and action, as well as different actions like update or create new contact, find contact (create one if not found also activated) and i tried to use different sign up forms, different apps, with direct integration like HulkApps but i still always get the same error and the contacts getting created in hubspot are like only the mail, if it works at all
basicly it cant be that complicated, cause i just want to create contacts out of a sign up form in Hubspot. thats like a very basic thing. 

Im technically smart, and also im using zapier for longer time, so its not about not getting what to do.

I was now writing hours over hours with zapier support, hubspot support and shopify support to fix this. 

Please dear Community help! Let me know if you need any further information about this problem.

Thanks a lot 

Timon

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @timonecom 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.