Question

Constant Contact Lead integration error: Test Failed to create a contact

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I am connecting my Google Ads lead form to Constant Contact and when testing the Zap, it fails with this error “street-Addresses[0][kind] is missing”.

The street addresses is not even a required field so I don’t understand why this is a stopper.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Muna, thanks for joining Community!

Ah, I’ve seen that error come up before when only part of a contact’s address was provided. Was that the case here? With the Constant Contact app if one of the address fields is provided all the others need to be filled out as well. You’ll also want to make sure the Address Type field has a value selected.

If Google Ads won’t ever provide the other address values then perhaps you could try typing in something like N/A or Unknown into those fields? Hopefully that might help to get around that error. 

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that fixes it?

Thank you @SamB for your prompt reply! I’ve followed your suggestion and now the error message has changed to: 

Failed to create a contact in Constant Contact

Email address is invalid

But the email is the one automatically provided by Google Ads:

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muna 

I noticed that you're using an older version of Google Ads, and I'm wondering if that might be the case here.

Legacy features may still work as long as they're not yet deprecated. It only means that it is outdated and isn't recommended to be used since the newer features are now added.

Can you make a copy of the Zap, and in the copied version, try switching it to the latest version of Google Ads and see if it fixes the issue?

Hi @Brem , thank you for your suggestion. I tried using the latest version of Google Ads and the issue persist:

Google Ads test works fine:

Constant Contact Test fails: 

I have the feeling the error message is on Constant Contact end. Do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this? I tried to contact the help center a couples of times already but I am not getting any response from their side.

Any support with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jess

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Muna,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help! 

I looked at the screenshot, and the Google Ads trigger sample data seems to be using a test email. Could you please try these for me?

1. Skip the Constant Contact action step by clicking on “Skip test.”
  2. Publish the Zap.
  3. Trigger the Zap by creating a new form entry in Google Ads while the Zap is published.

Kindly give that a try, and keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊