Question

Connecting A New Payment In Stripe To Create Or Update Purchase In Convertkit, and the product name is not coming through in description unless I manually put it in under the payment

• 15 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I have spoken to Stripe and no solution to this, I have spoken to Convertkit and no solution, I am waiting for a response to an email from Zapier.

I am wanting to get the information about my product, (and not required but product id) price and customer from Stripe into Convertkit via Zapier, as doing it direct between Stripe and Convertkit only shows a Stripe Purchase, not the actual product that was purchased.

I have tried many things, but the only time I can get the actual product name in the Description under actions for Stripe in the Zapier Zap, is if I go to Stripe after a payment has been made, and manually enter the product name in, in Stripe.

Zapier is not picking up the product information from the product page, and the payment page in Stripe is not showing the product name, yet again unless it is manually put in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the product name, Product id, price and the customer to move from Stripe To Convertkit.

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Minz!

I took a look at known issues with the Stripe app and didn’t see anything that mentioned the Description field coming through empty.

Question: which trigger are you using for Stripe? I assume it’s one of these:

I just so happen to have received a payment via a Stripe Payment Link today, and I also don’t see a description. Mine actually says null, even though it’s tied to a product. 

I tried using the Find Payment action to see if that would provide more information. It did not. I’d say wait for our Support team to get back to you and hopefully they can dig in a bit more to see what’s going on. 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I have not heard anything from the support team.

I am glad I am not the only one with this.

Yes the trigger is a new payment (from Stripe) and yes New Subscription, but I tried them with a variety of actions and the same information or rather lack of it.

As I said I do believe it is Stripe, because they do not flow through the product description into the payment, based on what I can see on their site and the fact you have to manually input the product description. Which is does not add up in my head.

Thanks and I will see what unfolds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Minz! Thanks for your patience - I just checked and it looks like our support team may have some follow-up q’s for you. 🙂

Hi there, I was wondering if this has been resolved?

We are trying to pull a stripe payment from payment links but the actually payment doesn’t include the product name which seem a bit pointless as surely you want to know what your customer has purchased and not just the amount.

My description / product name in Stripe is also coming up empty in Zapier! Using Stripe Payment Links. Any solution to this?  

Same story, no product information with new Payment Trigger.