Question

CloudConvert Returning "The app returned "Unauthorized"." Message

• 6 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone I hope everyone is off to a good start for 2024. I'm working on some new automations for the year. I'm looking at using Cloud convert. It looks quite promising and it looks like it can solve a lot of problems and it looks like it should work pretty well with zapier.

I'm wondering if anybody else has been able to successfully configure any file conversions using Cloud convert? After tinkering around in multiple browsers after logging out of zapier and back in and also after turning the zaps off and then back on. After creating account with Cloud Convert. After all of the normal troubleshooting steps. Nothing seems to work.

Over in the cloud convert dashboard I can see that the authorization has been set up and configured correctly. So that's a promising sign. I've even removed and then added back the authorization a few times just to see if the initial authorization wasn't working correctly.

In specific my first task was to have zapier watch a folder in Google Drive for a new video file. And then use cloud convert to convert that video file to just an audio file. And then of course I was going to do more work with the audio file. No luck on this… got back : “The app returned "Unauthorized".” consistently over 10-15 attempts.

As a test I also tried to use zapier and Cloud convert to convert a PDF into a PNG. I gave that two or three tries. However it also failed with the exact same message.

Thanks in advance to anyone who looks over this. I'll be so interested to hear if anybody else has successfully configured to work with zapier?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @data_cloud_online 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with any encountered errors.

Thanks for the note. I don’t have the ability to easily replicate this issue, at the moment. I scrapped the Zaps to start fresh. If any know knows of any quirks specifically with CloudCovert I’ll be all ears.

Userlevel 1

Can anyone help me with this error before it was working on my free account cloudconvert but now it’s not working my boss in the US gave me paid access to cloudconvert when I tried to use it it’s not working. By the way, I’m a VA in Philippines. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Luis2024,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of the “Action” section of your CloudConvert step? Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Luis2024,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of the “Action” section of your CloudConvert step? Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger

Thanks!

I redo all of my zaps and it works now ​​. Thanks! ​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @Luis2024! I’m glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️