Best answer

Closed Intercom conversation to Salesforce case field

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I am wondering, if there is a way to push intercom closed conversation to Salesforce case description field with Zapier in a better visual display of the conversation instead of it being chunked together. Ideally, each sentence on a separate line. 

I hope someone can help me :) 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 September 2022, 17:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Assel727 

Good question.

Can you provide an example of the data you are trying to format so we have more context?

Screenshots are helpful.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone for a quick response.

Here are the screenshots of how Zapier is set up to push to our Salesforce org. From Intercom closed conversation it comes to Zapier with a normal separate format but to the Salesforce case description field it appears chunked together, sentences are separated with comma only, which makes it hard to understand where is the start and where is the end. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Assel727 

After the Formatter step shown in the screenshot try using this step: Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text

Some options on how to join the Line Items into Text...

- [:space:] - matches space (\s) characters
- [:tab:] - matches tab (\t) characters
- [:newline:] - matches newline (\n) characters
- [:return:] - matches carriage-return (\r) characters
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Assel727!

I wanted to pop in and see how you were rolling with this? 🙂 Were you able to implement this with Troy’s suggestions?

Keep us in the loop! We’d love to know. 🤗