Best answer

Clockify wont pull time entries for other users except the user logged into the zapier

• 13 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Zapier wont pull any time entires from any other users expect the user that is logged into zapier as the integration user.  Any way around this?

In Clockify we are just using the Kiosk Feature.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 September 2022, 21:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @utahbikerdude! Thanks for reaching out in the Community! 

Are you able to outline out your anticipated workflow for us? Knowing which apps and the triggers/action you’re working may help us troubleshoot what you’re seeing and/or if it’s to be expected! 🤗

Thanks and looking forward to digging into this with you! 

Hello!  Im using clockify as the trigger to trigger off of a new time entry.  I will then use this to create a new record on an object in Salesforce.   The problem in testing is that I can get it to trigger off of my time entries, but not anyone elses.  I figure this is due to my account in clockify being the integration user into zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @utahbikerdude! I can see you were able to open a ticket with my teammates in support and wanted to share their insight incase it’s helpful:

You mentioned that the Zap is not pulling in anyone else's timers. Is it triggering for the timers connected to the Clockify account that was used to set up the Zap? If so, this is actually expected behavior. 

We currently have an open feature request with the team over at Clockify to trigger on timers for all users in the workspace, but as of now, this functionality is not available. The good news is you're not the first user to request this feature, and it's on the radar over at Clockify (they own and manage the integration on our platform). I’ve added your name to the request so we will be sure to get in touch if this feature is added. In full transparency, the feature request was opened a couple of years ago, so I am not sure of the likelihood it will be prioritized in the near future. 

Sorry, I don't have better news for you here, but please let me know if you have any other questions about this! In the meantime, you can create a Zap for each user on your Clockify workspace, you will just need to create that Clockify connection using their credentials. 

Sorry to not have better news but appreciate you for flagging this in the Community!