Best answer

ChatGPT error: Your account is not active, please check your billing details on our website

• 21 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

When I go to test chatgpt during step 2 I get this error message “Your account is not active, please check your billing details on our website.” Has anyone else had this error and figured out how to solve it?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 26 May 2023, 20:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @bluedot,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot with how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of the ChatGPT step. Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Additionally, have you tried reconnecting your ChatGPT account to see if it’ll fix the error? You can reconnect your ChatGPT account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/chatgpt

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @bluedot! Out of curiosity, have you had an opportunity to review billing with ChatGPT?

I’d probably recommend double checking everything is up to date and we’re using the correct accounts/email addresses for login. If all looks well there, we’re happy to review the zap itself with screenshots of the action step. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your replies. 

I have a chatgpt plus account but not a zapier subscription. This was my first zap so testing out the waters first, however, if I need a subscription for this I am up for that just couldn’t find anything stating I need it. 

When I go to add my chatgpt api key I get this error code:

And here is the setup for my chatgpt action:

​​​

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bluedot!

I’ve seen people discussing this issue online (not in relation to Zapier, necessarily) and I saw suggestions to contact ChatGPT/OpenAI support about it. Have you tried reaching out to them to see if they can help out at all? 

Userlevel 1

I believe the issue is on the ChatGPT side. I am not 100% sure because I am waiting to hear back from them but I believe the issue may be that I did not verify my email address in time which is active for 5 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for looping back around to let us know. Glad to hear you were able to contact them!

That’s likely going to be your best bet in getting this resolved as Zapier won’t have insight into any OpenAI account details. Keep us posted though! 🤞🏽

Userlevel 1

So OpenAi customer service was no help at all. To fix this I ended up creating a new account and went back through all the steps of verifying my new ChatGPT account and creating the new zap. Doing this did fix the issue. Also, good to know that if you want to automate the process with 3 actions, in your zap, you will need to purchase an upgraded Zapier plan. The automation will automatically push draft responses in your gmail vs. having to go to ChatGPT every time to create them.

I found this great video on how to setup a Gmail/ChatGPT zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @bluedot - this is an awesome resource.

Thanks for sharing it with the community and keeping the thread informed of your progress!