Best answer

Change column value in Monday when Link clicked in Mailchimp campaign

• 12 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Zapier community, 

I have a question regarding using Zapier to trigger when someone (a specific email adress) clicks the link in my mailchimp campaign. 

I need Zapier to change a specific column in Monday, whenever someone clicks the link in my Mailchimp campaign. 

Currently, I am getting “Failed to fetch a clicked link from Mailchimp” 

I have sent out the campaign to multiple of my own email accounts - and clicked the link. 

In general I am questioning whether it is even possible to have Zapier change a specific column in Monday - and only change the column if it matches the item, which the campaign was sent to. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 January 2023, 14:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AB98, welcome to the Community! 👋

Where are you seeing that error in the Zap? Is it when attempting to select the link you’re after or when attempting to load a test sample from Mailchimp?

Asking as I believe Mailchimp’s Link Clicked trigger only works for Published not Draft Mailchimp campaigns. So if the link isn’t appearing and it’s a draft campaign then that would be why.

Overall the desired workflow should be possible. You’ll likely need to use a Filter by Zapier step to check whether the campaign matches the column you’re looking to update. Our Add conditions to Zaps with filters guide might be helpful to you in setting that up. 

Hope the above info helps. Look forward to hearing back from you on this!

Badge

Hi SamB, 

That makes sense - I have tried to publish the campaign and it works! 

Appreciates the help!