Best answer

Cannot get zap to pass test connecting newsletter form from squarespace to getresponse

I cannot get my zap to pass test connecting newsletter form from squarespace to getresponse.  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 February 2023, 05:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @snowbrady34 

Good question.

In order for us to have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

I attached to screen shots.  

Email integration shows the step it is getting stuck on.  I have inaccurate fields.  In squarespace (which already got completed in setup) the newsletter form is titled Newsletter Form.  When I add this into the email field (required) with the option 1 Form Name: Newsletter form, I get the option to continue.  

When I do I run the test and it fails everytime.  The other screenshot attached is what it says when it fails.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@snowbrady34 

Can you please provide screenshots with how all your fields are mapped in the Zap step that is encountering the error.

Screenshot attached. 

I only have the List and the email field mapped to something.  Email is the only one that says required.  The rest of the fields not shown in this screenshot are blank.  

Do I need to map them all to something? If so, what?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@snowbrady34

Perhaps this why the error is happening, the mapped variable does not have an email as the value.

Also, you’ll want to map different variables for the Name field as that is supposed to be the name of the contact.

Make sure to test the form before pulling in examples to use to configure and test the Zap.

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

So I added the email correctly and first name and last name to the name field (not sure how it gets that if all they are entering is their email address (minimal friction).  The test worked and I successfully saw the test email address appear in my Getresponse account.  But then when I tried entering my personal email on the live website it did not add that person to the list.  

Perhaps I must configure that in GetResponse? I do not have the welcome email set up or list trigger set up, but I thought it would still automatically add them to the list when I click submit from my website. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@snowbrady34 

Check your Zap Runs to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

• Did the Zap fire?
  • Did the Zap fire but have an error?

Does the app need any special plan pricing?

To use Zapier with Squarespace, you must be on the Website Business plan or higher.
To learn more, visit their Premium features page.

The form on my cover page isn't showing up!

Zapier can only receive data from Form Blocks in Squarespace. Forms created as part of a Cover Page are not yet supported.

As a workaround, you can configure your Cover Page form in Squarespace to use Google Drive or an email address as its storage.
You can then trigger your Zap using the Google Sheets or Email Parser integrations.

miscEye icon Note

If your form is within a Form Block and doesn't appear in the dropdown, delete and recreate it within your Squarespace site. It should then appear when you refresh the Zap's dropdown menu. 

The zap runs did not detect anything.  It shows nothing there. But it did add the test email to my getresponse account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@snowbrady34 

Did you review these Squarespace help articles to make sure you meet the criteria and are configured correctly?

https://zapier.com/apps/squarespace/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@snowbrady34 

Otherwise, might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for additional assistance: https://zapier.com/apps/squarespace/help

I’ll check that guide you sent for squarespace and go from there.  Otherwise I’ll open a ticket. Thanks for the help.