Question

Can’t connect ClickUp account - “The `state` parameter was provided but appears incorrect.” error

• 18 May 2023
  • 3 replies

@SamB Same issue for me and my clients accounts (I help them setup up automations).  

Please add me to the list and let me know how to get clients accounts on the list too. \

As I’m troubleshooting with other accounts, when I try to connect a new ClickUp account I get the following Zapier error message (hopefully this helps): 

Zapier could not connect to your account.

The `state` parameter was provided but appears incorrect.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @CuratedSetups! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve split your comment out into a new topic as the error message is different to the one being discussed on that other topic in Community.

Can you confirm whether you are also seeing that “Cannot read property 'map' of undefined” error? Happy to add you to the list of affected users on the bug report for that but wanted to double-check you were definitely getting that error before doing so.

For the “Zapier could not connect to your account. The `state` parameter was provided but appears incorrect.” error, are you seeing any errors when testing existing ClickUp account connections? Just trying to determine whether it’s perhaps an issue with the login credentials that have been entered or whether it’s a wider issue that’s effecting existing ClickUp connections as well. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

I don’t know if you should have split that. To me they seem they may be attached to the same ClickUp account connection issues, but I could be wrong.

Yes, I am seeing the “Cannot read property 'map' of undefined” error. And yes I see that error with existing, previously functioning ClickUp account connections as well as new ones. It seems that if I open any Zap with a ClickUp connection and edit anything, the error will occur. 

When trying to troubleshoot if it was a connection error to my ClickUp account, I tried connecting another ClickUp account and received the second error notice “Zapier could not connect to your account. The `state` parameter was provided but appears incorrect.” I figured that may help as your team tries to resolve the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @CuratedSetups,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I've gone ahead and added you to the open bug report. Although we don't have an exact timeframe for when this bug will be fixed, we'll be sure to keep you informed via email if there are any updates regarding the issue.

Regarding the “Zapier could not connect to your account. The `state` parameter was provided but appears incorrect.” error, I would recommend opening a private or incognito browser window and setting up your Zap in that session. That should ensure that when you go to sign in to ClickUp, you'll be prompted with a fresh way to log in and enter your ClickUp credentials.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊