Best answer

Campaign Monitor email image not setting as featured WP post image

• 15 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Community,

I am currently setting up a Zap to parse data and images from an HTML email from Campaign Monitor and then create a wordpress post. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the featured image to set properly.

I have managed to get the data extracted from the HTML email which also includes a header image hosted on the website I am creating the post on, however in the wordpress create a post action, when I set the featured image field to the image link from the email (https://mywebsite.com/myimage.jpg) it doesn’t add it to the featured image of the post. 

My idea is to create a news post when we send out a new product announcement email from campaign monitor with a featured image and body text. If anyone has any better ideas or ways to achieve this then I would be super grateful. 

Thanks,

CMI Music

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 December 2023, 01:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CMI 

Help us by posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 1

The data parsing appears to be fine from the email. I can get the image links and body text and get it to post on Wordpress fine, its just the featured image wont set using the image link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CMI 

The Featured Media field expects a Media ID (number) as indicated by the 123 icon, and seen in the dropdown list of options.

You’ll need to first add a step to upload the media to WP, then map the Media ID.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone you have saved me from my endless pain. Thank you so much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @CMI! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊