Best answer

Building a Zap for PayPal to Freshbooks

Userlevel 1

New to Zapier, folks. Sorry for the newbie question. I am having trouble navigating Zapier to learn how create a Zap that, when a payment is made to my PayPal account that triggers a new Other Income event in my Freshbooks account.

The specific challenge is that I don’t know how to get Zapier to login to my PayPal account. Has anyone met this challenge and defeated it?

icon

Best answer by brimccarthy 7 April 2023, 20:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @brimccarthy,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

If you're looking to connect your PayPal account with Zapier, we've got you covered with a detailed help article that provides step-by-step instructions. You can find the article at the following link: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495999676045-How-to-Get-Started-with-Paypal#connecting-with-paypal-0-1

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

thanks, Ken! this is what I did so that is good. the piece that was most helpful was that the instructions mention it won't return results for previous orders, so i will either test an order or wait for a real one.

It is odd to me though that I don’t see any reference within PayPal to the webhook requests. Is that normal? Wouldn’t PayPal know of the Zap and ask me to confirm its legitimacy?

Grateful, Brian

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @brimccarthy 

Good to hear that you were able to connect your account with Zapier.

Regarding your question, could you elaborate more on what you mean by reference within PayPal?

Looking forward to your response! 😊