Question

Attempting to clear Google Sheets resulting in "Invalid Request" error

• 19 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

I currently have a google sheet that needs to be cleared daily and I have tried doing this by creating a new blank worksheet and replacing it with the existing sheet. However whenever I test the Zap I get the following error “There was an error writing to your Google sheet. Invalid requests[0].addSheet: A sheet with the name "Details" already exists. Please enter another name.”

However I've tried all the troubleshooting problems and override “True” is selected. Is there maybe something I am doing wrong or another way to achieve this?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @liambotha 

Perhaps you can describe your use case more.

What’s the reason to have the GSheet tab cleared?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@liambotha 

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support related to this issue as it may be a bug since it appears you have the Overwrite setting configured correctly: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @liambotha 

Perhaps you can describe your use case more.

What’s the reason to have the GSheet tab cleared?

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the response!

I just want the sheet to clear to make loading the file to MySql faster and as each line is loaded into a database and not needed on the google sheet again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @liambotha just stepping in to help here! I found 2 other Community threads with similar issues. Here is one I recently posted an answer to, with steps directly from our help documentation: 

And this thread is a bit different than the exact error you’re seeing, but I am wondering if some of the troubleshooting steps offered in the comments would still be useful to your scenario: 

Let us know how you make out here - we’d love to help you get things working!