Best answer

Arive-Hubspot Integration: Finding and Creating Association in Hubspot after a Deal Creation

• 4 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi Zapier Community, I'm trying to integrate Arive and Hubspot. However during the process, I’m having errors in my 3rd and 4th step which is seen in the screen shot below. ( Deal to contact association) 

I created manually a contact in hubspot using the same email with the test deal that I have. However, after it created a deal in hubspot, it did not find any associations (this should still be a success even if there are no associations found because of this 

However, when i tested it, the error occurred. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

My 2nd concern is the 4th step. Even if there’s a current contact (that has the same email) It did not create the association automatically. 

Hopefully you can help me.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 November 2022, 12:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mktg Team!

Let’s start with the Find Associations test error. Although you see that error message when you’re testing the Zap, selecting ‘Yes’ for the Should this step be considered a success if nothing is found field means that when the Zap is turned on, it wont stop the Zap run if the step doesn’t find an association. 

From the second screenshot you shared, it looks like you used the deal ID as the contact ID, so HubSpot wasn’t able to find the correct user. 

Can I check what the Find Associations step is for? Are you trying to find existing associations on the deal? If you’d like to add a contact to a deal, then you need a Find Contact step rather than a Find Association step. The Find contact step will give you a contact ID that you can use to in the Add Association step. 

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for that. If I have the “Find/create a contact” action, do I still need to have the “Find Association” action? My goal for that is to check first if the Deal in hubspot is currently associated with any contact with the same email (or Name) OR NOT as long as it has a current contact associated with it. so it won’t create AND associate it with a trash contact just for the sake of creating the association.