Question

"API key specified is invalid"

• 30 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,
Just getting started, doin my first test. I have Klaviyo and bookfunnel set up, with connections tested and getting green lights. Doing a simple test of when a subscriber adds to bookfunnel, that subscriber is sent to a klaviyo list.

The zap sees the new subscriber but the add to klaviyo fails. The mapping looks correct (only email and name of klaviyo list are required). The error message I’m getting is “API key specified is invalid.” Uh, what? If the API keys were wrong, wouldn’t the apps not be connecting? Should I disconnect bookfunnel and klaviyo and start over?

Thanks for the help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @nellg 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have context, thanks.

When you start creating a Klaviyo Zap, you will be asked to connect your Klaviyo account.

Click to connect Klaviyo

Next, you'll be asked to enter your Klaviyo Public API key / Side ID and Private API key.

Klaviyo API Key

To locate your API Key in your Klaviyo account, please follow these steps:

1. Log into Klaviyo account.
  2. Go to your account settings.
  3. Copy your Klaviyo Public API key / Side ID and Private API key to your clipboard.

Klaviyo API Key in account

Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”.

If all steps were successful your Klaviyo account will now be successfully connected.

Klaviyo connection successful

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Ok! Here it is, step by step. I did the above steps and Klaviyo is connected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nellg 

Check your Klaviyo Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

If you need to reconnect, try using a new/different private browser.

Make sure this is a valid List.

Userlevel 1

I added a csv to the test list so it’s populated. Still the zap failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nellg 

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for additional help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

OK, thanks so much for the help, Troy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @nellg! Just wanted to do a quick check-in here as we haven’t received a support ticket from you that I can see. Were you able to figure this one out on your own? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re able to get up and running! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hey Jesse,

Thanks for checking up on me :). I decided to change auto-responders to something that’s a better fit for me, so no need to fix this after all. I did start a ticket and got a response, so all is good. 

Thanks again,
Nell

i’m seeing the same error on my end, do you know what the fix is?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@CiaranF, hope you’re doing well!

Could you check if the Private API Key has Full Access Level set? If not, can you try:

1. Generate a new Private API Key with Full Access Key selected
  2. Reconnect the Klaviyo connection via the My apps page: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Please give that a try and let me know if you’re still having issues.