Best answer

Anyone having their "Google Ads Offline Conversions" zap error out with conversions[0].user_identifiers?

• 2 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

This zap has been working for the past few months and suddenly a couple days ago the zaps have all errored out with the error code being “conversions[0].user_identifiers”. Is anyone else running into this issue? Any idea how this can be fixed?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 February 2023, 23:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DR CRC 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for your response. I have attached the screenshots as requested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DR CRC 

I’d recommend opening a ticket with Zapier Support for them to do further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Facing the same issue as of today. Just opened a ticket with Zapier support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @niklas.buschner, if you don’t mind sharing their answer here, that would be incredibly helpful to anyone in the future who may encounter the same issue, and stumble across this post 😊

Userlevel 1

First you should try to reconnect Zapier in your Google Ads account. Next you should check if the conversion you are trying to send to has enhanced conversions enabled.

If both do not solve your individual problem it seems to be a bug with the Google Ads app.

The last response I got was this:

We're not sure why this error is coming up at the moment. From our server logs, we're seeing a resurgence of these errors accross different accounts so it's likely we'll create a bug report for this soon.

What's interesting to note is that the error we're seeing in our logs is an "unpublished" error. We cannot find it in this list of published Google Ads errors:

developers.google.com/googl...dError

I suspect we'll uncover more info about this soon so I'll put this ticket on hold for now. As soon as we have more info, I'll let you know here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I wanted to swing by and share some of what our support team was able to uncover together that appeared to be the issue:

We did a bit more digging and it looks like you'll still need to have enhanced conversions enabled including "import from click" conversions.

Here's our reference for this requirement: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/11021502

Instructions

Here’s an overview of the steps for setting up offline conversion imports using enhanced conversions for leads:

1. Sign in to your Google Ads account.
  2. Click the tools icon  in the upper right corner of your account.
  3. Under “Measurement”, click Conversions.
  4. Click the plus button icon  to create a new conversion action.
  5. Select Import in the new “Conversion action” page.
  6. Select Other data sources or CRMs and then Track conversions from clicks. Click Continue.
  7. Enter the settings for this conversion action. For details on the settings, check out Set up offline conversion imports.
  8. Click Create and Continue. The next page will confirm your new conversion action.
  9. Select Enhanced conversions for leads. If you’re using Google Tag Manager, select Enhanced conversions for leads (via Google Tag Manager).
  10. Before you can finish, you’ll need to accept the customer data terms and complete the Google tag configuration.

Zapier support FTW! 🎉

Userlevel 1

Hey, I can add to this. For us the problem was, that we did not have “Enhanced conversions for leads” activated in the general conversions settings. After we activated this, no more errors in our Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for confirming that was the sticking point, @niklas.buschner! Stoked to hear this is up and running now for ya. 🙂