Question

Airtable error on upload from eSignature... "Required field "Record" (rowId) is missing."

Spend 10 hours this what Im sure to be an easy fix.  I follow the video to a T, but keep getting this same error.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EDCHAP 

Good question.

To help us have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps is configured, thanks.

The AI SAYS ….“The error message “Required field ‘Record’ (rowId) is missing” indicates that the ‘rowId’ field is empty or missing in the input data. To resolve this error, you need to provide a valid value for the ‘rowId’ field in the input data. Check the previous steps in your Zap to ensure that you are correctly passing the value for ‘rowId’ to the “Airtable” app.”

DATA IN:

applicationId:

app2GJL3X0eIa4fBO

tableName:

tbly9IyCYHF4YwFf6

fields__fldvcWkR3A2ODMAMk:

https://esignatures-production-us-east-1.s3.amazonaws.com/contract_records/2023/ea6168bc-0075-41a7-9bd9-6e4e2f864261/74e19296-3a6c-4579-9473-0cec96088cf1/20230724232839-utc-16a1ac1d-9f9e-4866-8111-520de875be41-Signed-20230724-Puppy%20Deposit%20Agreement%20-%20EDDIE%20Chapin-testere.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAQCASMIJFRMRV4LM4%2F20230724%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20230724T232839Z&X-Amz-Expires=604800&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=9292ee6fdee42730ace03010dd65d6a4d819cbc552ee88d558dd2848404ead39

fields__fldFLkWe1vqk2FdvU:

f64c88a1-e8e8-405c-a262-2bc2b4662a9f

fields__fldJlSDIuPnafqyCz:

74e19296-3a6c-4579-9473-0cec96088cf1

Fields with no value:

rowId

fields__fldxfEFD5It8OyzdT

fields__fldF8uAtUFsdPuva6

fields__fldQoIhcRxZoFOGVf

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP

Screenshots are the best way to help use understand how your Zap steps are configured.

To help us have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps is configured, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I took two screen shots of some as I had to scroll

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

In your text example, the Record ID (aka Row ID) was not provided, which is why the Zap resulted in an error.

In your screenshot example, the Record ID was provided.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I will try to insert the image

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

In this example, there was no value provided for the Row ID (Record ID) field, which is required, hence the error.

What is the fix?  esignatures is giving it, but the Zap says its not there

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, different from the Zap Runs history logs DATA IN/OUT.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP

These screenshots with the DATA OUT from eSignatures don’t include a record ID. (value starts with recXXX)

My guess is that it’s supposed to be a data point in the metadata from eSignatures.

they blamed Airtable

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

Perhaps you aren’t testing with a valid example.

eSignatures would need to be configured to have the Airtable Record ID sent to eSignatures as part of the metadata, so that when the esign happens, eSignatures provide the Airtable Record ID as part of the Zap trigger data payload.

That depends on how the eSignature sign request is being generated.

If via a different Zap, then check that Zap config.

yes it is two different zaps.  I only have a few contracts a month, so I went with the free plan.  Those are only signal zaps to I have one from AT-Esign. and one from Esign --AT

The zap was configured just as the video shows on esignature shows in esignature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

If other Zap Runs are successful, then it’s likely an outlier issue.

Perhaps the esign that triggered the Zap was sent before the Zaps were configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

Try testing both Zaps end-to-end, which will help you troubleshoot.

the Zap that is esignature to Airtable is not working.  Airtable to eisignature works wand send the contract with correct field date. It is not returning the Record ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EDCHAP 

If the Zap from ES to AT is not working, then it likely means the Zap from AT to ES is not configured correctly to set the Airtable Record ID in the ES metadata.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured in each Zap. (not Zap Runs)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EDCHAP! 👋

Just wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on?

If you’re still running into some issues here can you share a screenshot of the Action section of the Airtable action in the Zap that’s erroring. Here’s an example of what we’re after:

c62fb1552396270501536f7718676af5.png

That will allow us to see what fields and settings have been selected and help us to better troubleshoot this with you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!