Best answer

Airtable Attachment not available in email.

• 21 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have records in Airtable with attachments.  When I create an email action in Zapier, I don’t have the option to add the attachment to the Zap.  Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by pdcondos 22 August 2022, 15:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, 

You can definitely find that in the zap. look for the field name and Url beside it (see attachment), this will pull the attachment URL into the attachment field of the email. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

The attachment field doesn’t show up in the list of fields.  I’ve refreshed, tried everything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This means one thing, the attachment field is empty in the test record you chose from the trigger. Make sure you choose a record that has a file in the attachment field so you can test it. Empty fields do not show 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I made sure all my test records have attachments.  I’ve noticed the issue you stated.  That empty fields do not show. I was finally able to refresh and get to the attachments field.

Pulling in other test records is glitchy.  When you try, it only shows ‘record 1’, ‘record 2’.  Not enough information to tell which record you’re pulling in.  And at times it will tell me there are no more records to retrieve, even though I know there are more.

Thanks for your help.  Having this feedback confirmed that the feature was available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So did it work? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, it did!  thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Awesome! Can you please mark it as Solution? :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did.  Thanks again.