Question

After connecting my instagram for business account, the "Instagram Account to use" drop down won't load any results. I

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have linked a Facebook page with a linked Instagram business account to Zapier.  When I go through the login process I ensure that all permissions are enabled, and verified that it is in fact a business account, and the the account is linked to the Facebook page I have logged in with.  As I click through the login process the Instagram for Business account is selected as one of the accounts to give Zapier permission to access.  When I build the zap and reach the menu where I choose the Instagram account to publish a photo to, there is nothing listed in the drop down.  I have tried refreshing, I have tried linking the account over and over and tried it in a private browser.  I also tried manually entering the Instagram Account name in the field where it asks for which account to use but none of these work.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

2 replies

As an added possible complication, I am doing this for a client.  I have linked the account using the clients login credentials.  Is there an issue with me being logged into Zapier as me, but the Facebook/Instagram login is a different email and password?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jsukey,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please confirm if the Instagram account has correct permissions according to this screenshot below?

8858624c5e104ae6e296e6994ccaa896.png
(view larger)

If so, and the Instagram account is still not showing up. Could you please try inputting the Instagram account ID as a custom value in the “Account To Use” field You can find the Instagram account ID here:

525b42632bcbb19408c851bf8929723b.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!