Skip to main content

I am trying to use Zapier to send data from a completed form in Feathery to Smartsheet.  It is telling me all my connections are good, but that when I go to test it I get the error.

Failed to create an add_row in Smartsheet

Error from halted execution: There was no data available to create or update a row in Smartsheet. Either the Trigger did not provide any data, or none of the Action fields were mapped to Trigger fields. Please check your configuration.

When I look this up in the documentation it talks about mapping fields in the action tab or such thing, but I can not find anything on how to do this or where I would find this.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

i have attempted to do the same thing with Google sheets and everything worked as planned.  It seems that the Smartsheet Zap doesn’t allow you to map the fields and so maybe it cannot find any data?  Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Hi and welcome to the Community, @NZMatehuka! 🎉 

I just did some testing and you’re right it looks like it only loads the Choose a Sheet and Add Row to Top or Bottom fields. Which would explain why it when you test that action it then errors as it didn’t have any data mapped to create the row with. I did some further digging and found a bug report matching this behaviour so I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by it. I can’t give any estimate as to when you can expect it to be resolved but we’ll send you a notification by email the minute it’s sorted! 

For now, can you try pressing the Refresh fields button to see if that gets the fields to load so you can map the necessary fields?

I tried it on my end and that helped to get the fields from my spreadsheet to appear:
fd5cdfc0fe69f49bcc40544397b3e9bd.png

Let me know how you get on with that, want to ensure you’re all set! 🙂