Best answer

Act-On error: The app returned "There was an issue in upsert_record_write.

• 11 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hoping someone else here is also using Act-On and has had experience with this same issue. I keep getting the same error on a lot of my zap runs (see image below) but Act-On has not been any help and I’m not even sure what it means. Has anyone seen this same error before and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance!!

icon

Best answer by ZoeMenendez 12 July 2023, 21:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZoeMenendez 

Good question.

Please provide more context with screenshots about how your Zap steps are configured along with indicating which Zap step encounters the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone!

Of course. Below is a screenshot of the Zap flow. It’s triggered whenever a contact is updated in RedTail and then the goal is to update it in Act-On as well. The zap fails at the Act-On step. What’s weird to me is that sometimes the Zap plays fine and other times it just doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZoeMenendez 

Please post screenshots with how Step 3 is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone here you go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZoeMenendez 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

Required data points may be missing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks! I found out the issue was related to that specific Act-On account needing more unique login credentials, so once I fixed that the zap seems to be playing how it should.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ZoeMenendez,

That’s great news! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊