Question

400 Error from Squarespace to Convertkit

• 13 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

I’ve got a recurring 400 error suddenly when making zaps the way I usually do. On my Squarespace website, there are lots of forms that trigger confirmation emails via convertkit. I do this by adding subscribers to a tag. All are running fine today except this new one, which throws up a 400 error. 

I’ve tried: 

• Reconnecting to Convertkit
  • Turning zap on and off
  • Deleting and creating zap again
  • Deleting and creating tag again in Convertkit

I’m aware a 400 error has something to do with data formatting? Below is how I have my test data fields filled in, precisely the same as all the others working today! 

Any help would be so appreciated, 

Thank you! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TMillszap 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error message.

Hi, 

I’ve tried starting from scratch with new forms, tags and a new zap so the names are slightly different. 

Here are some more screenshots! Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMillszap 

Try testing with real data.

Hi, 

Tested it with a real email address and the zap worked… however no other email address gets added to the tag other than the test one I used!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMillszap 

Make sure you have a dynamic variable mapped for the email field and other fields.

I do, I think. Looks the same as your example there. 

I have tried configuring it in lots of different ways but nothing is working! All my other zaps are set up exactly the same and work fine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMillszap 

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

I have done this a lot, but I hope these screenshots will help you. 

I’m beginning to really worry as I’ve tried all weekend to redo the zap, with absolutely no success. I’m doing nothing out of the ordinary. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMillszap 

This doesn’t show us the DATA IN for Step 2.