Question

Zapier Tables Delete Row After Trigger

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to Trigger deleting a row from Zapier Tables after a button click?

I have set up an approval process in Zapier Tables someone is manually clicking a trigger button to approve or deny a new account. Clicking either button should delete/archive the row of data so that way its been marked as handled. 

I have tried to set this up via 

1. Trigger Zap Button Clicked in Zapier Tables
  2. Delete Record in Zapier Tables 

but for step #2 it wants me to indicate a single specific record when the button is clicked, not just the generic Row for that button.

Does anyone have any ideas around this / how to get the record ID to recognize the row of the button click and not a specific single record?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Steven G 

The Zap trigger should return the Record ID to map to Step 2.

Help article about how to configure action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Example

Userlevel 1

hi @Troy Tessalone the idea is that new records are consistently being added and deleted to the sheet. When setting it up as suggested above it is only deleting the items if the record id was already on the sheet before the data item was added. 

Is there any other way to set up the delete a record step without a specific record but for just mapping that space on a row?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steven G 

If the button is being clicked on a Record in the Zapier Table that you want to delete, then that means there is an existing record and the record will have a Record ID, which should come thru on the Zap trigger step to use in the Zap action step.

If you still need help, post screenshots with how your table is configured (that shows button column) along with how your steps are outlined and configure to give us more context.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Currently data imports into a Table a single line at a time after an end users fills out a form from Jotform.

There are some additional unfilled columns are added to the data set. A team member comes and completes data to the unfilled columns.  

Based on the results added by the team members, they will either click to approve an account or deny. 

Selection of either button should delete the record so that way the table only stores data for accounts waiting to be processed. 

I can see that the record I clicked Approve on ends in 2GEM and the record the zap is looking for is 8VM9 but 8VM9 has deleted itself and now 2GEM is the next record in that row to be processed.  What am I missing on step 2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steven G 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step 2 is configured in the Zap EDIT mode to have full context.

Check the DATA OUT table to see the Record ID, etc.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone I was able to figure it out! Thanks