Question

Zapier App Developer UI - Rest Hook not working

• 15 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone!

I’ve been trying to setup a Zapier custom app using the UI, but facing an issue with the REST Hook trigger.

The issue seems to be after setting up the trigger, when I create a zap, it asks me to manually configure the webhook, which doesn’t make sense, it should auto configure based on the subscribe configuration.

To test it, I have used a mockapi endpoint, zapier doesnt seem to be making the subscribe request at all when setting up a zap. Am i missing something?

Thanks

ps. Im aware of the events payload not JSON-escaped, I tried in the code editor

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @Bizinga 👋

Based on that screenshot, your trigger has been configured as a static hook. A REST Hook trigger missing a Subscribe or Unsubscribe function, is presented to users as a Static Webhook.

You’ll want to make sure each of the sections is filled out here: https://platform.zapier.com/build/hook-trigger 

Nice work testing this with a mock endpoint - you would expect to see the subscribe request when the Zap is turned on, not when it is being setup. Instead, the `perform list` endpoint would receive a request when testing the trigger, as described in that documentation.

Once you’ve made those updates, let us know if you run into further questions!